On My iPod...


Seems like every week I have a different song that I'm constantly listening to. Last week it was Usher's "There Goes My Baby" and before that it was B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars "Nothing On You" (which happens to be MTV Jam's Jam of the week). Anywho, it's not something I do on purpose, it just...happens. I'm always looking for what's new and what's hot on the music scene and most times I find something really good and I can't stop listening to it.

This week, its Aloe Blacc "I Need A Dollar". If you're like me and Sunday nights at around 9:55 pm you're making sure there's nothing you have to leave the room for so you can be ready to watch "How to Make It In America", then you've heard the song. It's so catchy. I watched a few episodes OnDemand and seeing it back-to-back had the song in my head all day. I'm not exactly sure what to call this sound though. It could fit into the soul genre and it sounds "old" (a term I'm using loosely) but nothing like The Temptations would sing. Get it?

No hidden meaning here (that I'm aware of), it's simply about needing to make some money. It fits the show perfectly, which deserves a post of it's own. And I can relate to it because if there's anything i need right about now it's a dollar! Makes me wish I had a hustle...



Follow Freshpopped on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top