Alicia Sweetie, You Are Not GaGa...

I'm not gonna front, I loves me some Alicia Keys. I have all her music and she's one of the few singers with great acting skills (Beyonce, not so much). Give the lyrics, I'll name the song, I love Alicia Keys.

I'm going to get to the point but let me say first, this "set a date for your video premiere then keep pushing it back", who started this and why? I think it's pretty stupid. I don't like it, I can't think of anybody that likes it. Artists really need to step their game up. Now the first time that I was aware of these shenanigans was when the "Video Phone" video was coming out. I can't remember the date but at 5 p.m. EST they were gonna show it on MTV. Me and I'm pretty sure 100% of the gay population and I'll say just a small percentage of the rest of America tuned in at said time for disappointment. "Telephone" video, same thing. Before The Fame Monster was released I loved that song, had the ring tone and all. By the time I saw the video, my ring tone had changed like three times.

Alicia Keys' video for "Put It In a Love Song" feat. Beyonce was filmed last month. It has had three different release dates now. I read somewhere yesterday that it's still being edited and may not be released until mid-April (sorry, can't find the link).

Now I've said all of this to say that I believe Lady GaGa is a little more...I guess we could use the word...wanted? Sure both of them are successful internationally and both have Grammy's and yada yada yada but we can be patient (not really) waiting on GaGa's video. Alicia's, not so much.

So while we continue to wait because the video we supposed to premiere yesterday but I haven't seen it, you can enjoy the next best thing below the jump.




P.S. Y'all see those 20 million views "Telephone" has gotten in a week? Dayum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top