80's Music in 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm just gonna throw it out there, I love Goldfrapp's new album Head First. When I first heard that it was going to be an 80's style album, I was kind of worried because let's face it I don't really care about the 80's. But I only needed to listen to some of the songs once to fall in love. Read on for the rest of my review.



The track listing is as follows:
1. Rocket – 3:51
2. Believer – 3:43
3. Alive – 3:28
4. Dreaming – 5:07
5. Head First – 4:30
6. Hunt – 4:34
7. Shiny and Warm – 3:58
8. I Wanna Life – 4:13
9. Voicething – 4:44

My favorite tracks from the album are by far Dreaming, Hunt, and Voicething. The funny thing about Voicething is that there's no lyrics. It's like an instrumental but that's probably not the right word to describe it. Her voice is present throughout the song, but she's not saying anything as much as she's making noise like 'yup' and 'huh'.

Rocket, the lead single from the cd is so-so. I don't like it as much as I like the rest of the songs. It's still got that 80's vibe, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Something interesting I noticed (or may be imagining), a few of the songs seem to share a common beat. I'm too lazy to name the songs, but it's like a slightly altered beat from Rocket hidden within the songs.

Reviews from people who are paid to review things say the album is around the 3/4 star area, and I agree. It has more ups than downs, and that's what makes this album great.

(I apologize for my crappy review. I have no idea what I am talking about.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top