On My iPod...


This should have been done two weeks ago but I have this best friend, Procrastination, and I have to stay loyal to her.

If you have not listened to Erykah Badu's latest, New Amerykah Pt. 2: Return of the Anhk, please do yourself a favor and do so. Now this is one you should not pick up from the flea market or Wal-Mart's parking lot. You have to (HAVE TO) purchase it from iTunes, or Target, or FYE, or actually inside Wal-Mart.

Now I wouldn't be telling you to buy it if it wasn't good. And if anybody knows good music, it's yours truly. It's kind of hard to put Ms. Badu into just one genre but I can definitely call this soul music. She's got a unique sound to her music that I just love. My favorite track right now, well there's two, are "Gone Baby, Don't Be Long" and "Umm Hmm". But I think you should check out the whole thing.

Then there's the "Window Seat" video everyone is talking about. I find it very creative and it's really interesting that it was shot guerrilla-style. I also appreciate the fact that it introduced me to the concept, groupthink. Something we should all take a deeper look at.

Follow Erykah Badu on Twitter @fatbellybella


0 comments:

Post a Comment

top